Quality dog daycare should be like a supervised play date for your pet. Doggie daycare should give your pet the chance to socialize with other pets and pet caretakers, while enjoying exercise and generally having fun.
Dog daycare should also provide mental stimulation with a variety of activities, rather than just allowing your dog to run around in a dog run. Truly beneficial daycare for dogs lets your dog experience new settings, novel activities and situations. Your dog will also have healthy meals and snacks at a top-notch dog daycare facility.
Pet Daycare Benefits Owners Too
Professional dog daycare (which is available for cats too) gives you peace of mind that your pet is cared for while you’re away from home. It can even be used when you are at home, but need, for instance, time to bond with a new baby, have the house painted or other projects.
With dog daycare, there’s no need to crate your pet, put him outside or isolate her in a separate area of your home when you’re working on something that’s not dog-friendly. When you’re at work or school, dog daycare assures you that your canine companion is safe and well taken care of, so you can concentrate on your tasks at hand.
Dog daycare also saves you time, since your dog gets plenty of exercise during the day, you may not need to take him or her on a long evening walk. If you’re taking a trip, the best dog daycare businesses also offer a comfortable, safe environment for overnight and longer-term stays. All in all, dog daycare and/or boarding can be a better option than leaving your pet alone or arranging short visits from a dog walker.
Choosing the Best Doggie Daycare
For your furry best friend, of course, not just any dog daycare will do. It’s important to make sure your dog has the best possible experience that is superior to being left at a typical dog kennel. To ensure safety and the best experience for your dog, ask the following questions:
- Ask for a tour of the dog daycare facility.
- How are the dogs monitored throughout the day? Give extra points if the facility offers a web cam so you can check in. Will your dog be taken off the premises for some activities or walks? If so, how is their safety ensured?
- Ask about the screening for other animals your dog will be spending time with. Are vaccination records checked?
- Does the facility appear clean and well kept? Do the caretakers seem to love their jobs and the dogs?
- What type of diet and snacks will your dog receive? Can you specify a special diet if needed?
- Does the daycare offer a variety of activities? Is there a pool or other unique and mentally stimulating activities?
- Are extra services offered, such as monthly teeth cleaning?
- Are related services that you might need offered at the same location? On-site services ideally include: dog training, grooming and overnight pet boarding.
What About the Costs of Dog Daycare?
Costs vary widely, so you should consider the level of quality care and exercise your pet will receive while at the dog daycare you select. Kennels where pets are simply caged may (or may not) be lower on the cost scale. Choose a facility you’re truly impressed with, to be sure you and your pet get excellent value. If your dog appears happy and a bit tired at day’s end, you’ve likely chosen the right spot!
At Paradise Pet Resorts, we offer a true “pet vacation” experience at our dog daycare, with plenty of exercise and fun for your pet. Submit our website contact form below or call our Santa Rosa location at 707-595-3834 or our Rohnert Park location at 707-206-9000 if you have questions about our pet care services.